Here’s an update on the third-party development of the device so far. Xiaomi is best known stock ROM for making mid-range smartphones that provide the best bang for your buck. Their latest Redmi Note 8 (8T in Europe) is proof of that.
- Download the Latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your Phone here and unzip the folder on your desktop.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has been dropped from a montly security update schedule to a low-priority quarterly release schedule.
- During the process, if you face any problems, comment below.
- Once complete you will see the “Success” message on the screen, And your phone will reboot.
- The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device.
Some functionalities might be compatible with other Xiaomi devices (Android one ones for example, or Blackshark). Some might work even with other brand devices, but this tool is not designed to do that, so please use it with Xiaomi devices. No smartwatches, TVs or any other type of device are supported.
Samsung’s budget Galaxy A10 was the best selling Android device in 2019, closely followed by the Galaxy A50, Galaxy A20, and the Redmi Note 7. A refreshed version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 has apparently passed through the FCC. Using these, you can build both a LineageOS installation zip and a LineageOS Recovery image and install them on your device. You can install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Qualcomm USB Driver by downloading the zip file and installing the driver on the Computer.
Thankfully, the team behind the open-source recovery is quite active and keeps adding new phones to the list of supported devices ever so often. Most recently, the developers added support for the Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, Nokia 7.2, and Nokia 6.2.